Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Breast Cancer Awareness Made Personal-Jessica

    Breast cancer is real, and it affects many. I have 3 beautiful children, one of which I was able to breast feed for the first 6 months of his life. I could not imagine a life without them, as little as I was gifted in that area. I am not afraid to shave my head, as I had to do while I was pregnant with my second child. Therefore, it did not take much thought to doing it for a good cause. My family and I were discussing how to properly show our breast cancer hats. We felt it would be best if we had someone, a female preferably, without any hair. I decided to do it. I am proud of my looks. I am not ashamed of how I look. Even if I were, that would be no excuse, looking at all of the women forced to lose their hair, whether they wanted it or not. I feel that those who have been affected can look at me and know they are not alone. My hope is that, although I am not affected, that they are not alone in this.



Find us on: Facebook  Etsy

No comments:

Post a Comment